My home grown chef, Kelsey, loves to try new recipes. This Potato Latkes Recipe was a huge hit with everyone tonight…. fun and easy to make too! Kelsey did everything, with the exception of mincing the onions of course.
Potato Latkes Recipe
-2 cups grated potatoes
-1/2 small onion chopped finely
– tsp salt
– 1 tblsp flour
-1 tsp baking powder
-1 egg, beaten well
– 1/4 cup oil
1. Mix together potato, onion, salt.
2. Mix just the flour and baking powder together, then add to the potato mixture.
3. Add the beaten egg to the mixture.
4. Heat oil in skillet and drop small piles of mixture into skillet. Press the potato piles flat with the spatula.
5. Fry for 2 minutes on each side or until brown.
Serve with ketchup or sour cream! Enjoy!