Of course, I am not anal about these… we do everything in our power to not let these things get in the way of fellowship with others…
In addition there have been seasons when I have not been as dedicated to some of these points as others (such as when the weather doesn’t permit gardening, or when I am too ill to work out)
Also, some of these may change over the years… my vision though is to continue on this path so my children grow up as this being their normal lifestyle and so it is easier for them when they are raising their own children.
It is not easy making such changes… but it is fun and a part of the legacy we have chosen to pursue diligently.
Tolpin Healthy Habits
1. Exercise (spending more time active outside as well as swimming, using our tread climber when weather isn’t as nice, and doing core strengthening exercises to rebuild what I have lost in child bearing- to strengthen my back)
2. Juicing & Smoothies (this has been such a great way to get a ton of our daily fruit and veggies in us)
3. Making Bread (the kids love to grind the wheat and help… very educational and yummy, not mention healthier)
4. Buying Local ( buying produce and meat and milk more locally tastes so good and I can ensure that it is healthier (I know where it has been))
5. Raw Milk (Wow, the taste is amazing… then there is the added health benefits)
6. Gardening, Preserving, Canning & Freezing (I have not successfully canned anything yet but have been reaping an awesome harvest and we have been preserving and freezing) (Next year I want to try Dehydrated)
7. Homeopathy (I am still learning and have so much to learn about this… but so far I have seen amazing results in treating my family at home- Naturally)
8. Dr.Zeff – our Modern Day Doc Baker
9. Kangen Water (Alkaline Water Filtration System – Ionizer- PH/Antioxidant) www.mykangentools.com
10. Enjoy Life – I have struggle with the sin of worry and stress often and have been “working” on not working so hard and letting things go…
Here are few resources I highly recommend:
This is an awesome resource for treating childhood wounds and sickness with Homeopathy. Easy to read and look up ailments… a great resource for anytime your child is sick… I love this little handbook… recommended by Dr.Zeff
Available only on Amazon… no longer in print, but I just bought a couple for under $2 each
Billy Blanks – Tae Bo Kicks
My kids and I have enjoyed this DVD for a couple years now…
A great way to get exercise on those rainy days
This book has been so convicting for me…
We all have to choose our battles… because that is truly what the are.
Everything battles for your time and attention. Potentially taking you away from your families and the things that are most important. The key is to pursue these things as God allows. We are all on a different path and we should prayerfully consider which paths to pursue and not.
I want to encourage you that these habits have been carefully selected over the course of a year and motivated as a response to declined health.
I am thankful to the Lord that He has provided the mentors and resources to pursue health down these roads.
I think that sometimes God leads us through our pains to enlighten us and teach us.
I have had a testing year… and I am sure their will be more ahead as I grow older. I am excited to follow Jesus and watch Him do more miracles in my life and I surrender it to be used for his glory. I hope that somehow the struggles my family and I have suffered through this year can minister to you. I am posting this so that none of what I have been through or might go through goes in vain. To God Be the Glory!